Hi guys. Today I want to talk about the number one way on how you can start your very first online business. This
very website you are on is a business. What I do is I help people to make money with online surveys, but recently I decided to also move to the online business sector because I already have a little bit of experience with it. To start an online business from scratch can be quite a challenge and if you are not serious about it, you will waste your time.
So I am going to tell you how to make money from an online business, how to start with it and also how much it will cost. What I am not going to do is to pump this post with hype and promise you millions. It is not a good strategy to put the wagon in front of the ox. I am also going to assume that you are a newbie.
Now what do you need to get started?
1) You need a website
This is the most important thing that you need to enable you to start your business. The website will act as the foundation for your business. When you search for something in Google you will come across millions of web pages that are business oriented. The costs involved with a website are your domain name and hosting. The domain name is your web address such as www.yourwebsite.com.
This will cost you about $12 per year and it is actually very cheap. There are a couple of free options. I do recommend getting your own domain name to claim the ownership of your website. The second cost involved would be hosting around $4 per month. Hosting is the storing place for all the data of your website. To sum it up your cost will roughly be $5 per month (hosting and domain included)
And that’s it
That is the bare minimum that you need to start with.
2) Drive exposure (traffic) to your website
This is the second thing that you need. Without exposure to your site you can forget to make any money at all. Now how do you get exposure?
1) Get traffic from Google. Google owns 65% of all the traffic in the world, so if you can rank your website in Google under certain key terms, you will get traffic. This is called organic traffic and is also for free, but it requires work. With your website you already have a foundation and now you need to build the body of the building. The body of your building will be in the form of content.
This very page you are on now can be declared as content. Not just any content but good quality content. Google will not just rank any website because they want the visitors to enjoy the material that they read and for it to be relative to what they were searching for. This is also where most of your time will be spent. The more articles you create from your website, the more exposure you will get. Do not forget about Bing and Yahoo.
2) Pay for traffic. This is the second method to get traffic to your website, but is not recommended for a newbie. Have you ever seen banners or ads on a website? That is called PPC or (pay per click) marketing. Each time someone clicks on the ad, you pay a certain amount of money, but I would rather go for the free traffic.
3) Social media. This is also a good way to get free traffic and if you do this right, you can get a lot of traffic. The cool thing about social media is that it has a snowball effect. Let’s take Facebook for example. Each time you “like” a page, it will show to all your friends. If one of your friends “like” it, it will show to their friends. Now you can see how your traffic can grow exponentially if you do it right.
These 3 methods are some of the best ways to really drive traffic to your website. It is always a good idea to diversify your traffic sources.
3) Make money from your traffic
This is the third step and without this step you miss the whole point. There are also several ways to make money with your website and I am going to discuss them below.
1) Affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing is where you earn a commission for each sale you make through your website. A lot of companies that are online based have an affiliate program where you can earn a commission from 4% up to 50$ depending on the program and the type of product. Affiliate companies include Amazon, Clickbank, Walmart and also a lot of private affiliate companies.
Almost every type of product you choose to promote has an affiliate network and this is what makes this so awesome.
2) Sell advertising space on your website. If you have a website and you get traffic to that website, you can easily earn money from Google adsense. Here you place an ad on your website and whenever someone click on it, you will get from $0.01 up to $5 per click (it might even be more). Here you are at the other end of PPC where you get paid for providing traffic to another website.
3) Promote your own E-Book. This is also a very popular method to earn a lot of money. Let’s say you are a weight loss expert and you have years of knowledge and experience in this category you will have great potential for this (weight loss is just an example). You can either promote it yourself or get affiliates to do it for.
It is very important to get the right training if you ever want to succeed with online marketing. The training needs to be up-to-date because the online world changes in the blink of an eye. It also needs to be affordable for everyone. Now I can promise you one thing and I think many online entrepreneurs will agree with me. You do not need to get a loan from the bank to start with an online business.
It is very cheap to start and once you start to make money, you can always upgrade your business to the next level.
Why should you even consider internet marketing?
For me internet marketing is the best way to start an online business. You can start at a very low cost and you can easily scale it up. I am going to give you a very conservative example. Let’s say it takes you 1 hour to create an article for your website and that article will bring you 1 visit per day. If you create one article per day you will have 30 visits per day after a month or 360 visits per day after a year.
With 100 visits per day alone, you can easily make money. Let’s say only 1% of your visitors buy a product and you get $30 per sale, you will get $30 per day or $300 per month. Now let’s say your website generates 360 visits a day after 1 years work, you will get 3.6 sales per day which will be equal to $108 per day.
Let’s say you spend 2 hours per day on your website which will equates to 2 articles per day, you will then double your income to $216 per day or $6500 per month. What if you have a recurring income from your sales, you will get paid each month per sale and then your income per month will grow cumulatively per month.
I also left one of my websites alone for one month and it still got traffic. For me internet marketing is the best way to start your own business online.
The best way to start with your online business?
Before you can think about building your first website, you need some training on how to build your business. This is the very same training I used to start my very own business and I can personally vouch for it. It is also very affordable and won’t cost you as much as a brick and mortar business. You do not need a capital to start and everyone can do this.
Thanks you for reading this post and I hope you succeed with your dreams. Please leave me a comment below if you have any questions on internet marketing or an online business.