Is Opinion Outpost a scam or legit?
Hi there and welcome to Survey Royal. Now you are probably thinking to yourself “is opinion outpost safe and are they a trustworthy survey panel?” There are so many reviews about survey panels and it really gets hard to know which ones to trust of if a website would want you to buy something from them. First let me give a summary on their rewards and payment.
Opinion Outpost rewards and payment
Redemption Threshold: 100 points or $10 minimum
Cost to join: Free
Payment method: PayPal or gift cards
Now let me start with my full review.
Opinion Outpost Review
This is a survey panel that has been around for some time. They are also operated by survey sampling international. They are free to join and they also work on a point base system. How it works is that 10 points is equal to $1. The surveys also range from 5 minutes up to 30 minutes to complete.
You can also expect to earn around $0.5 for 5 minutes of work, but sometimes it can be more. For every survey you complete, you also get an entry into the quarterly prize draw which happens 4 times a year. Every 3 months anyone will stand a chance to win $10 000.
The main way to earn money from them is through surveys as they do not provide product testing or focus groups. This panel also have free entries for their quarterly competition where you can win $10000.
Reviews on similar sites to Opinion Outpost
Is Opinion Outpost reliable and on time?
Personally I found them very quick and they are really on time with their payments. This is why I love PayPal because you can get your earnings in a matter of minutes. I also like to get an opinion from other members as well. Some say that the longest they ever waited to get their payment was a day.
One day is still very good, because some panels wants you to wait for almost a whole month if not more before you get paid.
What I liked about them
- They pay via PayPal. This is one of my favourite features when it comes to survey panels. I cannot believe that you still get survey panels that pay via check. This is just so old fashioned and the problem with checks is that it takes longer, it can get lost and you have to go to the bank to cash out.
- Very low redemption threshold. This is a huge plus for me, because some survey panels will only pay you if you reach a minimum of $50. With Opinion Outpost you need a minimum of $10.
- They have 4 sweepstakes a year. How cool would it be if you open your mail one day and find that you have won $10 000. This may sound crazy and very unlikely, but remember that the more panels you join, the higher chances you will have to win and you also do not need to “buy” yourself in to enter.
- High invite rate. You can get up to 2 surveys per day to complete which is great. Some panels give you only 4 per month.
What I did not like
- Only limited to surveys. They are only limited to surveys and this is not the panel to join if you are also looking for focus groups and product testing.
- Low qualification rate. Some members complain that they do not qualify for any surveys. Sometimes you can do something about it such as update your user profile.
Is online surveys for you?
There is a lot of speculation on whether surveys are the way to go when trying to make money online. They are one of the easiest ways to make money online, but can be very limiting. Let me tell you a little secret on survey taking. There is no survey panel in the world that will make you a ton of money. What you need to understand is that you need to join as many panels as you can.
After you have a list of panels that you have joined, you can go and finish some of the surveys to see which panels has the highest paying rate per hour. Each survey panel has a couple of golden nuggets and the only way to get them is to know what to look for. Below you will see what type of earnings you can expect from Opinion Outpost.
What I do recommend
There is a ton of resources online about survey panels, and what I did is I have put my own experience and a lot of that information in one platform. This platform is called the Survey 101 Training guide located here in Survey Royal. This guide is divided into a couple of short modules that will for example teach you on how to avoid the most common mistakes that so many people make with survey panels.
You can also take a look at my monthly report to see which panels I focused on and how much I made with each one of them.
This is one of the survey panels that I would recommend to everyone. They are safe to use and is not a scam. I told you all about the things that I did not like and also what stood out for me when I review a survey panel. If you already have experience with them, I would like to hear more from you in the comment section.
Please leave me a comment below if you have any experience on them or if you want to know something more 🙂